Labels

Wednesday, April 1, 2015

March Books

Do you ever have those months where you just seem to keep picking blah books to read? This month was one of those for me, I picked up a couple of books that just did not click. I think because of that I was a bit slow in reading this month and only completed 3. Although this meets my monthly goal I was hoping to get 4-5 books read this month.

City of Lost Souls (The Mortal Instruments #5) by Cassandra Clare

This book was so stressful and kept me on the edge of my seat! In a good way of course. Even though I have read this book before I still found myself extremely worried for characters in precarious situations. If you love fantasy and witty relationships I strongly suggest you pick up this series!

Alif the Unseen by G. Willow Wilson

This was The Mary Sue Books and More Club pick of the month. This wasn't my vote for the month of March but I am determined to branch out of my normal reading habits by reading the books picked by this book club, even if I'm not overly excited for them.

This story was very interesting to start out with, much different from what I normally read. I was not expecting this to take a turn into fantasy part way through the story, but the development kept me interested for a while. However, that interest started to wane toward the end of the book. I found that the way conflicts were resolved was a little disjointed and worked out too conveniently for the characters. It also bothered me that the love story we were lead to believe was THE love story dissolved so quickly without much hurt feelings.

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children (Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children #1) by Ransom Riggs

This book ended up being disappointing to me as well. I feel like this is similar to the Percy Jackson series in that it is a YA that doesn't translate well to adulthood reading. I was intrigued at first with the original concept, but quite frankly I was bored by the end. In fact I didn't even finish the last few chapters.


Did you read any disappointing books this month?
Don't forget to follow me on Goodreads to keep up with my ever growing to-read list!

Allons-y!

No comments:

Post a Comment