Labels

Friday, March 6, 2015

February Books

You guys, I have been on a reading kick this past month. I completed five books during February, two more than my monthly goal! I've picked up a few stories this month that I absolutely could not put down. Let's get into it, shall we?


Daughter of Smoke & Bone (Daughter of Smoke & Bone #1) by Laini Taylor

GUYS. I had NO idea what I was getting into with this book. The description on Goodreads was a bit vague, but the reviews were really high so I decided to try it out. I ended up downloading this ebook to read during my Honeymoon and I finished it book SO FAST. This story is firmly planted in the realm of fantasy, although it was quite different from the fantasy I usually read. I actually gave this book 5 stars on Goodreads, and that is a rare occurrence for my first time reading a book. I am so excited to continue this series and see where it leads.


City of Glass (The Mortal Instruments #3) by Cassandra Clare

Onwards with The Mortal Instruments! We finally get to see the central city of the Shadowhunters and along with it comes mystery, drama, and an intense battle. I really enjoyed how the story continued in this book and it kept me extremely intrigued throughout.


The Book Thief by Markus Zusak

Another book that I downloaded for the Honeymoon and ended up giving 5 stars! I have been wanting to read this book for a while, even though historical fiction isn't usually my bread and butter. I LOVED this book! First of all it is narrated by Death. Count. Me. In. I'm really glad I read this as an ebook instead of an audiobook due to the writing style and some pictures that were included for reference. This story ripped my heart out by the end, however it was a sweet kind of pain. It didn't make me love the book any less and I really enjoyed how the author drew me in and connected me to all the characters.

I have not seen the movie based on this book, but I plan on watching it soon!

City of Fallen Angels ( The Mortal Instruments #4) by Cassandra Clare

Unfortunately most book series have at least one book that is just a bit lacking in the story. For The Mortal Instruments the fourth book was that slump for me. This part of the story just seemed to drag on with frustrating emotions. IF CHARACTERS WOULD JUST TALK TO EACH OTHER EVERYTHING WOULD BE FINE! However, that would make the story a bit boring wouldn't it? Even though it was a struggle to get through this one I looked forward to reading the next book as I knew it got better (I have read book 1-5 previously).

The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater

This was....interesting. The premise for this book was extremely original I thought. Set in a normal Earth world, with just a twist of fantasy. I had high hopes for this book with it's seemingly original idea, but I ended up a bit disappointed. This story dragged on for days.....there was a lot of build up to an event that took up a very small portion of the book. Good story idea, bad execution in my opinion.

Do you have a Goodreads account? Let's be friends!

Allons-y!

No comments:

Post a Comment